Senior Level – Mechanical Designer
Gemcor provides custom automated fastening solutions to support aircraft production around the world. We are seeking a senior mechanical designer with ability to create layouts, models, detail and assembly drawings for customized machinery. Candidate will possess a broad technical knowledge of engineering principles and apply them for everyday use.
Primary Job Functions:
Responsible for creating designs from engineering design instructions.
• Experience in creating 3D mechanical designs using Inventor or similar software.
• Experience in creating 2D mechanical detail and assembly drawings and bills of materials using Autocad or similar software.
• Experience in creating sheet metal components, weldments, machined parts and assemblies.
• Understanding of Geometric tolerances for machined components.
• Ability to interface with vendors for component selection.
• Fluent in MS Office.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong technical and analytical skills.
• Proven ability to function in a self-directed environment.
• Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and readily embraces change.
• Strong mechanical aptitude with experience in machine design, statics, dynamics, pneumatics, hydraulics and electro-mechanical drive components and selection.
• Experience using Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
• Ability to head up design teams, perform review activities, scheduling and checking functions
• Ability to handle customers professionally during all interfaces and provide quality support to end users.
• Knowledge of CE requirements and risk assessments.
• Ability to perform proposal and quoting activities
• Knowledge of six sigma statistical analysis, mean time between failure (MTBF), Mean time between repair (MTBR), root cause and failure analysis.
• 5+ years of design experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field (Mechanical or Aerospace preferred) or equivalent job related experience.